Search This Blog

Friday 10 December 2010

Notes on Folk Suburb & Snow

Despite having been trapped on the services-less M77 for several hours, I would still like to make the following points on snow and the folk suburb:

1) Folk Suburb likes the snow as it rubs out the adult and conformity, even in the apparently minor details of erasing the contours of roof tiles and the division between pavement and car-road.
2) The other day I saw one of my daughters leaning on the table listening intently to the radio. This level of concentration being noteworthy, I asked her what she was doing: ''listening to the list of schools closed to see if ours is on it''.  This was a spontaneous act.  The listening to local radio as they read out alphabetically the list of closed schools is a true tradition of the folk-suburb, and one which I am glad is still observed.
3) I watched the snow falling thru' orange streetlights and remembered playing football in the street in the first darkness and someone going in for their Wembley Trophy orange ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment