Search This Blog

Monday 13 December 2010

Limey Paint

Sadly, my youngest daughter's habit of leaving the lids off the felt tips means that the colour in the picture does not do the joy I felt on seeing this paint colour any justice at all.
The original, however, is an acidy-lime colour, just the green side of yellow, and was popular, I recall, (along with mustard), edged with white, from the suburbs of my childhood - and that was the main reason I was drawn from nowhere to pause outside this house: the sensation brought on by it: my nan's store cupboard (the sun sloshing in electric Alpine limeade and the smell of ground white pepper in plastic tubs).  Hats are off to this householder, for traditional colour use is the stuff of the folk suburb, and this was no left over: the pots (new) were still in the half-opened garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment