Search This Blog

Friday 19 November 2010

Secret Garden

When I was but small, and a ball playing centre half in the primary school team, the pitch of one of the suburban primaries we used to play was got at through a door much like this.  Obviously it had a door and not stones, but the effect was the same, and it was truly like stepping in to a secret garden, not dispersed by actually going through, where the scene was like that of a Thomas Hardy novel.
Corners of an earlier time are a key to Folk Suburb.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the Secret Garden. Whenever I pass I doorway or opening such as this I'm left with the magic of wondering what lies behind. More often than not, it's never too exciting in reality, but the thought of possibilities is delightful.

    I love this blog, by the way.

    www.grownupbackwards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete